When Less is More.....
Even after a relatively mild winter here in New England, seeing one small blossom in the garden this week has been a great and exhilarating gift.
It is also a reminder that context is everything.
In this period when Mercury Retrograde (a time to return, revisit and reassess) intersects with the Spring Equinox (a time of balance between the light and dark periods of the day and new beginnings) we are all provided with a golden opportunity to ask these questions:
- Where do I find myself right now?
- What is really important to me?
- Where do I want to be headed?
- How might I get there?
- How do I find balance for the journey ahead?
So in the context of this season and these questions, I suggest a bit of personal reorganization and housekeeping may be called for. Use this time to stop, lighten up, reconnect with your deepest self and recalibrate your life.
Now there are some chores that we can hire out, but when it comes to cleaning out our "dresser drawers" no one else can do that for us. If you meet with me on a regular basis, or if you have attended one of my workshops, you have already learned many skills to help you with this process...and there has never been a better time to use them than now!
In the spirit of this task, may I suggest two things: quieting down and releasing. Here is a Restorative Yoga pose that I highly recommend for the emancipation of "old business" and renewal of energy and spirit. Enjoy!
- FOLD BLANKET W/ROLL AT TOP OF MAT, REMAINDER DOWN BACK BODY TO HIPS
- SIT ON MAT W/SOLES OF FEET TOGETHER, KNEES WIDE + PLACE TWO BLOCKS OR PILLOWS UNDER YOUR THIGHS TO SUPPORT SPLAYED LEGS
- ELONGATE TORSO AS YOU LAY BACK + ALIGN BLANKET ROLL AT BACK OF NECK
- RELAX YOUR SHOULDERS BACK AND ROLL ARMS OPEN AS SHOWN WITH PALMS UP
- YOU MAY PLACE AN EYEBAG OVER YOUR EYES OR BROW.
- COVERING YOURSELF AND/OR PLACING A LITTLE WEIGHT ON YOUR ABDOMEN WILL HELP TO ACTIVATE PARASYMPATHETIC RESPONSE